WeTransfer is hiring! We're looking for a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and an Engineer/Sysadmin.
Do you want to work for an exciting tech business which is growing rapidly world-wide? Get what our users like and want, and realise our ethos of keeping things simple? Would you like to work with a group of like-minded people, who love to work and play together?
- Do you want to work for an exciting tech business which is growing rapidly world-wide?
- Get what our users like and want, and realise our ethos of keeping things simple?
- Would you like to work with a group of like-minded people, who love to work and play together?
- Want to look after a website which is used by tens of millions of people, ensuring it’s running perfectly, both now and in the future?
- How about leading an ever-expanding team of people, initially six developers and engineers, motivating and inspiring them to deliver industry defining digital experiences?
- Are you capable of driving your team to come up with new and innovative ideas, features and products, then transforming them into uniquely creative services for our users around the world?
If the answer is yes to all these questions, are you also...
- Experienced, with a great track record of having managed busy, multilingual websites?
- Knowledgeable, with a deep understanding of at least a number of supporting technologies (including Ruby on Rails, nginx, MySQL, NoSQL, Amazon Web Services) as well as a willingness to learn?
- into public speaking and sharing knowledge?
- Happy to move to, or already live in or near Amsterdam?
- Want to earn a competitive salary with great employee benefits? Do you play an instrument or can you dig hip hop, opera or/and metal?
If the answer is still yes, and you’d like to be our new CTO, then get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your tasks will be to: * Support the development team from a dev/ops perspective, and provide for staging and integration systems, and code management and continuous integration * Improve on the availability and stability of our site, assets and APIs * General day-to-day operational tasks * Pager duty on a rotating schedule * Investigation of awkward customer problem reports * Manage 3rd party supplier relationships
Skills & Requirements
- a healthy dose of inventivity and intuition
- prior experience with common protocols, software and vendors (see below)
- must be very comfortable in using the linux command prompt environment
- experience with the concepts of horizontal scaling and redundancy familiarity with large-scale, geo-distributed data partitioning
- happy to move to, or already live in or near Amsterdam
- appreciation for relatively common but altogether weird music
Protocols, utilities and popular implementations for:
- web: http, https
- mail: smtp, dkim, spf, (+) dmarc; imap, pop3
- system: dns, ssh, ntp
- databases: MySQL, Postgres, redis, memcache, others
Software and vendors
- Amazon Web Services
- Linux (Ubuntu)
- Ruby on Rails
Interested? Send us an email at email@example.com.