Autofill form fields
Use a query string in the address bar to create a filled in WeTransfer form. This can be useful if you have a website and you want your visitors to be able to send you large files without having to fill in a ‘to’ and ‘message’ field.
By using the ‘to’ and ‘msg’ keywords you can specify the content for the ‘to’ and ‘message’ form fields when the page loads. If all of this is confusing to you, take a look at the example to the right and see if it becomes clearer.
- This is an example where we set the ‘to’ field to: email@example.com
- https://www.wetransfer.com/?msg=that big file we need now!
- Here we set the ‘message’ field content to: that big file we need now
- https://firstname.lastname@example.org&msg=that big file you needed
- If you want to set both, just place the and in between like this.
That’s it! We deliberately haven’t made it possible to specify a ‘from’ field because the uploader still needs to get the confirmation emails on his or her own email address.